The admission process is intended to be personal and informative for all prospective families.
In an effort to facilitate all operations, and in line with the decision from the U.A.E. Authorities preventing parents from visiting school premises, we have put in place the below procedure to assist you in completing the registration process online, which includes testing and payments.
Application and Required Documents
There is no application deadline, but it is recommended that the admission process be initiated early on. Applications are accepted on a space available basis throughout the school year. Please note that there is a 'joining fee' due to initiate the admission process and cover administrative costs.
Along with the student online application form, you will be asked to provide us with certain documents.
- Copy of student’s and parents’ passports
- Copy of student’s and parents’ Valid Residency
- Student Passport photographs with white background
- Copy of student’s and parents’ valid U.A.E. ID card
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of vaccination record
- Recent school report from previous school
- Students applying to Pre-KG up to KG 2 will sit for an interview as part of the admission process.
- Students applying to grades 1 and up will sit for diagnostic tests as part of the admission process. Upon completion, the diagnostic tests are marked and a decision upon placement is made by the school.
- Appointments for interviews and diagnostic testing will be communicated with parents after a complete online application is submitted.
Admission decisions are made after careful evaluation of the candidates. Results of diagnostic testing and previous school records are considered on a case-by-case basis. Additional criteria for admission include motivation, social and emotional development, willingness to work hard, and the ability of SIS-Yas Island to accommodate the needs of the candidate.
Once accepted, required fees will be processed via online bank transfers. When proof of payment is shared with the school a place for the student is reserved.
Further inquiries can be made via E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +971 2 565 1557